This Veg Curry can replace Chicken Curry in both taste and protein content. Recipe inside
Ingredients required – 1 bay leaf, 1 inch cinnamon, 2 green cardamom, 4 cloves sprigs, 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, 1 large onion, 2 large tomatoes, 10 cashews, 10 berries almonds, 1 tablespoon garlic ginger, ½ teaspoon turmeric, ½ teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon coriander powder, ½ teaspoon garam masala, 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons coriander leaves and salt according to taste.
- First, soak cashews and almonds in boiling water for about 15-20 minutes. Now drain and peel the almonds.
- Place cashews and almonds in a blender. Add about 3-4 tablespoons of water and mix to form a thick paste.
- Take a kadhai or non-stick pan and heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves and cumin seeds. Speak for a minute.
- Add minced onion and garlic ginger. Sauté them until the onions turn golden.
- Now, add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes along with salt to taste. Add about ¼ cup of water and mix well. Cover and let the tomatoes cook until mushy.
- After the tomatoes are drained, add the fried Kathal pieces, the cashew-almond meal and the chopped soybeans (prepared in the previous step) to the pan and mix well.
- Add about 1 cup of water to the pan and bring to a boil. Cover and leave for about 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, mix the garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the heat now.