Jon Watts will direct Marvel Studios’ upcoming Fantastic Four reboot.
After a years of career directing Spider-Man films led by Tom Holland, the famous filmmaker is temporarily moving away from the superhero genre, according to Deadline.
With Watt’s lead, all three Spider-Man films – Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017), Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019) and Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021) – became hits unsurpassed hit for Marvel Studios and Sony Pictures.
He’s out! Jon Watts, 40, has stepped down from directing the upcoming Fantastic Four reboot
Apparently, there wasn’t any fallout between Watts and the studios.
In fact, both Marvel and Watts confirmed that the split was amicable, but neither side offered a reason for the split.
“Making the three Spider-Man movies has been an incredible and life-changing experience for me,” Watts said.
‘I’m eternally grateful to have been a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe for seven years. I hope we work together again and I can’t wait to see the fantastic vision for the Fantastic Four come to life. ‘
Watts was slated to make the third installment of the Fantastic Four series as his follow-up, not long ago. But, in the end, he decided he needed to leave.
Bonafide success! The most recent of the three – Spider-Man: No Way Home – grossed $1.89 billion on a $200 million budget to become the sixth highest-grossing film of all time.
Marvel and Sony have officially announced that Holland will play Spider-Man and that Watts will direct the Spider-Man reboot on June 23, 2015.
Now, after making three seasons with Watts lead, Marvel Studios has nothing but positive things to say about the work they’ve done together, in a separate statement.
President Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios and Louis D’Esposito, co-chairman of Marvel Studios, said: ‘It’s been a real pleasure to work with Jon on Spider-Man films.
‘We look forward to continuing to work with him to bring the Fantastic Four into the MCU but understand and support his reasons for leaving. We are optimistic that we will have the opportunity to work together again at some point along the way. ‘
The second season – Spider-Man: Far From Home – grossed $1.13 billion at the worldwide box office on a $160 million budget
The three films that Watts directed were all big box office earners, each grossing significantly more.
With a budget of $200 million, the most recent film – No Way Home – dropped in the rankings on December 17, 2021 and went on to gross $1.89 billion to become the sixth highest-grossing film of all time. age.
The second season – Far From Home – grossed $1.13 billion at the worldwide box office on a $160 million budget.
And then there was the debut movie – Homecoming – which grossed just over $880 million on a budget of $175 million.
So far, a replacement for the Fantastic Four director has not been announced.
Mystery: Fantastic Four’s replacement director has not been announced so far
Source: | Dailymail.co.uk