Pound for pound: Waiting for the best of boxing to close the deal
The three boxers on Boxing Junkie’s weight list have spot fights.
However, the majority of them have yet to finalize deals – this is intended to tease loyal but frustrated boxing fans who are calling for important fights – and some have none at all. work, including those who have fought recently
These are the fighters who declared the fight:
- No. 10 Gervonta Davis (Ryan Garcia), No. 13 Shakur Stevenson (Shuichiro Yoshino) and Honoree David Benavidez (Caleb Plant).
Here are the fighters who are in talks with specific potential opponents but have not made an official announcement:
- No. 1 Terence Crawford (Aleix Rocha), No. 2 Naoya Inoue (Stephen Fulton Jr.), No. 3 Oleksander Usyk (Tyson Fury), No. 4 Errol Spence Jr. (Keith Thurman), No. 5 Dmitry Bivol (Artur Beterbiev), No. 6 Fury (Usyk), No. 8 Canelo Alvarez (John Ryder), No. 11 Vasiliy Lomachenko (Devin Haney), No. 12 Beterbiev (Bivol), No. 15 Haney ( Lomachenko), HM Fulton (Inoue), HM Kazuto Ioka (Joshua Franco) and HM Josh Taylor (Teofimo Lopez).
Next showdown: Benavidez-Plant Battle on March 25 in Las Vegas.
Here’s what the list looks like at the moment:
- Terence Crawford – Was ordered by the WBO to defend his 147-pound title against Alexis Rocha but no deal was made
- Naoya Inoue – In negotiations to challenge 122-pound owner and Honoree Stephen Fulton Jr. this spring in Japan.
- Oleksandr Usyk – In talks to face No. 6 Tyson Fury in a heavyweight unification bout but no deal has been reached.
- Errol Spence Jr. – The 147-pound unified title holder is supposed to face off against 154-pound Keith Thurman in April but no official announcement has been made.
- Dmitri Bivol – Reportedly in talks to face No. 12 Artur Beterbiev in a 175-pound title unification match in early June but no deal has been reached.
- Tyson’s Rage – In talks to face No. 3 Oleksandr Usyk in a heavyweight title unification match but no deal has been reached.
- Juan Francisco Estrada – No scheduled wars.
- Canelo Alvarez– Reportedly agreed to defend his undisputed 168-pound championship against John Ryder on May 6 in Mexico but no announcement has been made.
- Jermell Charlo – No scheduled wars.
- Gervonta Davis – Scheduled to face Ryan Garcia in a 136-pound bout on April 15 in Las Vegas.
- Vasiliy Lomachenko – Reportedly in talks to challenge undisputed lightweight champion Devin Haney but no official announcement has been made yet.
- Artur Betterbiev – Reportedly in talks to face No. 5 Dmitry Bivol in a 175-pound title unification match in early June but no deal has been reached.
- Shakur Stevenson – Scheduled to face Shuichiro Yoshino in a 135-pound bout on April 8 in Newark, New Jersey.
- Roman Gonzalez – There are no scheduled wars.
- Devin Haney – Reportedly agreed to defend his undisputed lightweight championship against Vasiliy Lomachenko on May 20 but no official announcement has been made..
honorable mention (alphabetically): David Benavidez (scheduled to hit Caleb Plant on March 25); Jermall Charlo (no battle schedule); Stephen Fulton Jr. (in talks to defend her 122-pound title against Naoya Inoue No. 2 this spring); Kazuto Ioka (allegedly scheduled to challenge 115-pound owner Joshua Franco in June in Japan but no announcement has been made yet); Josh Taylor (supposedly to defend his 140-pound WBO title against Teofimo Lopez on June 10 in New York but no announcement has been made).