Blizzard says it has disabled the phone number account requirement for most Overwatch 2 players, following problems with registration for some. Initially, the company required all players to provide phone numbers as part of the hero shooter’s new anti-cheat system, called Defense Matrix. The planned change will go into effect October 7.
Starting with apologizing and acknowledging that Overwatch 2’s launch didn’t live up to player expectations, as well as their own, Blizzard has shared an update on the issues they’re working on that have occurred. since its launch on Tuesday. The areas they’re focusing on are SMS subscriptions, queuing, account merge errors, and heroes being locked out of players when they shouldn’t. Honestly, that’s a pretty long list of problems.
Only blizzard disclosure Overwatch 2’s phone subscription is required a week before the game’s launch. Since then, it rise that some players using prepaid phone plans in the US were unable to register their numbers with Battle.net, because Blizzard did not recognize the carrier. Phone registration changes for Overwatch 2 will mean that only players who don’t have an existing connected Battle.net account will need to register their numbers. Anyone who has played Overwatch since June 9, 2021 will not need to provide theirs.
The Overwatch 2 developers also said they are addressing the long queues and server issues that many people trying to play the game have experienced over the past few days. Queuing issues are partly due to the existence of two separate queues, one for Battle.net and one for the game itself. Blizzard says they’ve simplified things to have only one queue. They’ve also patched a server that makes logins more reliable, and are working to prevent people from getting disconnected while they’re playing.
Blizzard promises. About half of these were on the console and were fixed thanks to a UI fix, while the other half was a matter of the time it took to transfer items and unlocks to Overwatch 2 from first game. Another issue plaguing those trying to merge their console and PC accounts has been resolved, but Blizzard recommends anyone have their unlocked heroes and items but haven’t tried posting yet. re-enter the game. That happened because Overwatch 2 mistook existing users for new ones.
Blizzard confirmed that some DDoS attacks made matters worse on launch day, as Graham report, though there have been no more attacks on Overwatch 2 since. You can read the full status update from Blizzard hereand a list of all known issues here.
Ollie played the game as much as she could this week, but just wanted the game to stop on her own terms Overwatch 2 review in progress. “Too much damage has been done to the game simply to call it Overwatch 2,” he said. “Since the second announcement, Blizzard has been disappointing players’ expectations for an official sequel. And when they compare those two screenshots side-by-side and see almost no difference, it’s a huge disappointment and perhaps a disappointment for many players. ”
Activision Blizzard is still competing with legal issue and report allegations of workplace discrimination, harassment and poor working conditions. The company is also in the process acquired by Microsoft for $68.7 billion (£60.8 billion), a surprise deal announced in January. That month, head of Blizzard Entertainment Mike Ybarra said he was Committed to driving change in company.
Overwatch 2 is a free to play download from Battle.net.