News

Olivia Pratt-Korbel killing: More than 200 arrests across Merseyside in crackdown on organised crime | UK News


More than 200 people have now been arrested in a Merseyside Police operation to tackle organized crime.

Dozens of raids have been carried out by officers over the past week as they continue to call for help in finding the gunman who killed the 9-year-old boy. Olivia Pratt-Korbel in the Dovecot area of ​​Liverpool.

The schoolgirl was shot dead in her home last Monday, becoming the third person in Merseyside to lose her life to gun violence in a week.

Sam Rimmer, 22, was killed in a drive-by shooting in the Dingle area on August 16, while Ashley Dale, 28, died in the back garden of an Old Swan home on May 21. 8. She must not be believed to be an intentional victim.

Merseyside Police said that in the past 24 hours, its officers had arrested 32 more people during Operation Miller, bringing the total number of arrests to 202, as the force “relentless in its pursuit of those involved in possible crimes organization”.

An additional 66 searches were carried out, along with 11 warrants executed and eight vehicles seized.

Police earlier said 58 warrants had been made in locations across Liverpool, Knowsley and St Helens.

‘We’re not going anywhere’

Detective chief detective Mark Kameen, who led the investigation, said: “If you’re involved in serious organized crime in Merseyside, we’re not going anywhere anytime soon and we’ll continue to crack down on crime. evil with which you are involved.

“The communities of Dovecot, Old Swan and Dingle are still reeling from the killings that have occurred in the areas they call home, and we owe it to them to stop those involved in organized crime. can lead to innocent members of our community being seriously injured or killed.”

He said the force’s resources had been “dramatically augmented” by officers from across the UK – investigating, weapons and uniformed – and “we will not miss a stone” in the search for the killer of three victims.

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

An emotional church service for Olivia

‘Information keeps coming’

Det Ch Supt Kameen added that information from communities regarding the killings continues to come in and “we are acting on all the information we receive”.

Police have insisted that “silence is not an option,” and in a Twitter appeal on Sunday, Merseyside forces warned that anyone with the information must give it up.

In the clip, a voiceover says: “We have parents who have lost their children.

“We have a nine-year-old girl who won’t celebrate her 18th birthday. She won’t celebrate her wedding. She won’t have children of her own.

“If you have information and you’re keeping it, you’re protecting killers. We need your information. Give it to us and we’ll do the rest.”

Please use Chrome browser for more accessible video player

Cannibals at the murder scene in Olivia

The force said anyone with information can contact them via social media or call 101.

CCTV footage, dash cams and smart doorbells can be submitted online via mipp.police.uk.

Over the weekend, police investigating Olivia’s murder released two men who were arrested and questioned on suspicion of murder and two counts of attempted murder.

They are a 36-year-old man from Huyton and a 33-year-old man from Dovecot. The 36-year-old has been recalled back to prison after violating the terms of his license.



Source link

news7f

News7F: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button