Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS Latest Released – HyperHCI.com
The latest Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS (Long Term Support) with AHV version AHV-20170830.395 was released in March 2020 and is available for download from Nutanix Gate.
Nutanix AOS 5.15 is a more stable version with few new features and lots of bug fixes. It will be a great idea if you explore Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS to upgrade it.
Take a deep dive into Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS.
Nutanix AOS 5.15 . Features
Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS released with lots of features and fixes mentioned below:
- VMCP-APD support for Metro ( Nutanix Witness VM ) With VM Component Protection for Metro Data Protection support, APD scenarios are detected and HA is automatically activated for failover of protected VMs on an affected site storage only. For details, see the Guide to Protecting Data with Prismatic Element.
Read more: Nutanix Metro Availability Troubleshooting
- Nutanix is continuing to support Windows Server 2012 R2 as a guest operating system. Microsoft has announced the end of mainstream support and the beginning of extended support for Windows Server 2012 R2. See the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy website for more information about the Microsoft support lifecycle for Windows Server 2012 R2.
Read more: List of supported guest operating systems of Nutanix AHV
- Deploy a VM with sysprep using Calm
- Surprise Prism Central booth upgrade.
- Fixed a bug that prevented remote sites from displaying Tx/Rx values.
- Fixed a bug that caused the virtual machine to fail to start with the specified host preference.
- Fixed a bug that prevented test cleanup failure with Cerebro not removing the clone UUID.
Read more: Nutanix Cluster Most Critical Services
- Fixed a bug in rsyslog configuration where the CVM’s /partition was full because the backed up cache of Cadmus logs was never cleared.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the API service on the PC VM from continuously becoming unresponsive.
- Fixed a bug that prevented false warnings from being generated during cpu overload conditions.
- The virtual machine destruction process failed due to an internal error.
- Fixed crash corrupting PM1643 7.7TB SSD metadata drive in progress Start CVM metadata.
- Sstables failed to load error prevented in DRC when node is detached
- When upgrading Prism Central, the pre-upgrade quest stopped working unexpectedly.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the management_ovs utility from making uplink changes that could cause conflicts with cluster vSwitch configurations, which could break network connectivity.
- The Nutanix NGT the version that comes with AOS 5.11.3 (5.15) is 1.7.3.
- The Nutanix Prism web panel may not load on page refresh after launching Prism Element from Nutanix Prism Central.
- Fixed a bug where Prism showed an NCC upgrade in progress when actually a Hypervisor upgrade was in progress.
- You cannot create a metric graph showing the CPU Usage of the virtual machine on the Prism Element Analysis dashboard.
- You may not see any help links in the Syslog Servers page in the Prism Central web console.
- The Licensing page in Settings cannot load once you are connected to the Portal.
Read more: Nutanix AOS STS Vs LTS
Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS Compatibility
The Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS compatibility matrix is here:
Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS Upgrade Path
|Source version – AOS / AHV||one click Upgrade to|
|List of AOS . versions
5.10, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 5.10.1, 126.96.36.199
5.10.2, 5.10.3, 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206,
5.10.4, 220.127.116.11, 5.10.5, 5.10.6
5.10.7, 5.10.8, 18.104.22.168, 5.10.9
5.11, 5.11.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52, 5.11.2, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11
|AOS 5.15 LTS|
|Any AHV version compatible with the above AOS version list||AHV-20170830.395|
Read more: Nutanix AOS . version history
Download Nutanix AOS and AHV
You can download the Nutanix AOS and AHV software packages from the following links:
Download – Download Nutanix AHV 20170830.395
Download – Download Nutanix AOS 5.15 LTS
Should I upgrade to AOS 5.15 LTS?
According to Nutanix’s upgrade guide, customers are advised to upgrade their AOS and AHV core software to the latest stable LTS version to avoid any EOLs and bug fixes.
Nutanix releases regularly releases new software versions in a new, advanced form – more stable and powerful to provide enterprise standard features and support.
Thanks for being there HyperHCI . Technology Blog to stay tuned and ready to learn something new everyday.!