SINGAPORE – Filipino boxer Denice Zamboanga and South Korean opponent Ham Seo Hee were absent from Friday’s ONE X match at the Singapore Indoor Stadium here.
However, the match went on as scheduled as Ham eventually hit the weight and passed the hydration test following a midnight retest, according to sources.
The veteran boxer is said to have failed both of his hydration tests earlier today.
This is a rematch of their controversial fight in the Women’s Grand Prix ONE last September, where Zamboanga lost by split decision.
Team Lakay bet Eduard Folayang, Lito Adiwang and Stephen Loman along with Filipino boxer, Jeremy Miado, all passed the pre-match requirements and attended the brainstorming ceremony.
Folayang hit the 169-pound weight class while his opponent, Muay Thai legend John Wayne Parr, weighed 170 pounds.
Straw 5th place contenders Adiwang and Miado, the two stars of the all-Filipino clash in the first part of the 20th event, hit 125 lbs and 122 lbs, respectively.
Loman, 3rd in the bantamweight category, weighed 143 lbs while Japan’s Shoko Sato reached 143 lbs.
ONE female atomic champion Angela Lee and challenger Stamp Fairtext, meanwhile, both hit 114 lbs.
Full results of the ONE X . balance
- Women’s Balance Championship: Angela Lee (114lbs) vs Stamp Fairtex (114lbs)
- MMA-Muay Thai Flyweight: Rodtang Jitmuangnon (134lbs) vs Demetrious Johnson (134lbs)
- Flyweight Championship: Adriano Moraes (134lbs) vs Yuya Wakamatsu (135lbs)
- Light: Shinya Aoki (165lbs) vs Yoshihiro Akiyama (169lbs)
- Lightweight – Muay Thai: Eduard Folayang (169lbs) vs John Wayne Parr (170lbs)
- Kickboxing Featherweight Championship: Superbon Singha Mawynn (153lbs) vs. Marat Grigorian (153lbs)
- Muay Thai bantamweight championship: Nong-O Gaiyanghadao (144lbs) vs. Felipe Lobo (144lbs)
- Bantamweight Kickboxing Championship: Capitan Petchyindee Academy (144lbs) vs. Hiroki Akimoto (143lbs)
- Atomic Rank: Itsuki Hirata (115lbs) vs Jihin Radzuan (115lbs)
- Featherweight: Kim Jae Woong (155lbs) vs Tang Kai (154lbs)
- Kickboxing Featherweight Champion: Chingiz Allazov (154lbs) vs. Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong (154lbs)
- Middleweight (wrestling) Reinier de Ridder (205lbs) vs Andre Galvao (203lbs)
- Lightweight – Muay Thai: Nieky Holzken (170lbs) vs Sinsamut Klinmee (170)
- Straw class: Lito Adiwang (125lbs) vs Jeremy Miado (122lbs)
- Bantamweight: Stephen Loman (143lbs) vs. Shoko Sato (144lbs)
- Featherweight: Amir Khan (154lbs) vs. Ryogo Takahashi (154lbs)
- Heavyweight: Kang Ji Won (244lbs) vs Paul Elliott (236lbs)
- Atomweight – submit-grappling: Danielle Kelly (113lbs) vs. Mei Yamaguchi (114lbs)
- Weight of straw; Ryuto Sawada (124lbs) vs Senzo Ikeda (124lbs)
Get the hottest sports news straight to your inbox
Registration INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer and more than 70 other titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to news, download as early as 4am and share media articles society. Call 896 6000.