Navratri festival has begun. One of the biggest Hindu festivals, Sharad Navratri started on September 26, 2022 and will end in Dussehra on October 5, 2022. It is a nine-day festival where people worship nine Avatar of Goddess Durga. Devotees also observe vrat and prepare bhog for their beloved deity. They also enjoy light food, sattvik during these nine days. From sabudana khichdi to halwa, we prepare various foods to offer to Goddess Durga and eat as Prasad. However, the most popular dishes in bhog thali are halwa, chana and puri. Therefore, we thought of sharing the detailed recipe of the quintessential Prasad with you. Let’s find out together.
Also Read: Navratri 2022: 5 Vrat Friendly Khichdi Recipes You Must Try
How to make Halwa:
- Heat the ghee in a pan and add the sooji. Roast until color changes.
- Add sugar and mix together.
- Add water to the mixture and cook until the sooji is tender.
- Add crushed cardamom, sliced almonds and mix everything well.
- And you’ve got delicious halwa ready in no time.
- How to make Chana:
- Heat the ghee and add the jeera and sliced ginger. Cook for a while.
- Add boiled chana and cook.
- Add salt, red chili powder, green pepper, coriander powder, amchoor powder. Merge all the messages together.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and you’ve got sookha chana.
How to make Poori:
- Take the atta in a bowl and add the sooji, salt and oil to it.
- Give everything a dry mixture.
- Add water and knead a soft dough.
- Take a small round ball, flatten it and fry it until golden.
- Now that all the elements are prepared, put them together and offer them to your beloved deity.
Watch the detailed halwa chana poori recipe video in the title.
Happy Navratri 2022, everyone!
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call himself. Whether it’s about food, people or places, all she craves is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio or daal-chawal and a good movie can set her off to a new day.