Microsoft has signed a 10-year commitment to bring the Call of Duty title to Nintendo platforms, Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer said in a tweet on Wednesday.
I’m also pleased to confirm that Microsoft is committed to continuing to deliver Call of Duty on @Steam concurrently with Xbox after we conclude our merger with Activision Blizzard King. @ATVI_AB @ValveSoftware
— Phil Spencer (@XboxP3) December 7, 2022
Meanwhile, an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal on Monday from a Microsoft executive revealed that the company has offer Sony signs 10-year contract to deliver each new Call of Duty release on PlayStation the same day it came to Xbox.
Back in September, Sony’s chief game officer, Jim Ryan, said that Microsoft’s earlier offer to keep the popular series of games produced by Activision Blizzard on PlayStation for three years after the current deal expiration is not satisfactory.
Xbox maker Microsoft’s latest offer to Sony comes as the studio faces tighter regulatory scrutiny over its $69 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard. around Rs 5,690).
The offer, made in January, has drawn regulatory headwinds in the European Union, UK and US, with Sony criticizing the deal and even calling for a regulatory veto. .
Reuters reported last month that Microsoft’s remedy mainly consists of a 10-year license agreement for PlayStation Sony owners.
“The main potential anticompetitive risk that Sony presents is that Microsoft will stop offering Call of Duty on the PlayStation. But that wouldn’t make economic sense,” said Microsoft President Brad Smith.
Microsoft also said on Monday that it will increase the price of new Xbox games to $70 (roughly Rs 5,800) from $60 (about Rs 5,000) starting in 2023, according to a company spokesperson.
© Thomson Reuters 2022