- Bad Bunny (b. Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio) is a Grammy Award-winning rapper/singer.
- He released Un Verano Sin Tian album that makes history, in 2022.
- Bad Bunny won three awards at the 65th Grammy Awards in 2023.
It’s the Year of the Rabbit now, which makes sense since bad bunny has been sitting on top of the music world for the past few years. Bunny, 28, continues to break records, releasing chart-topping Spanish-language albums. billboards Hot 100 and fueled the rise of reggaeton as a worldwide power genre. With all that said, how did this success translate to Grammy Awards?
Surprisingly (or not, depending on your perspective), as of early 2023, he has only won two Grammy Awards. There’s a chance he might double that number with the 65th Annual Grammy Awards since he was nominated in three categories. However, the competition is stiff, but if anyone can stand up to the likes of Queen Bey, Adele and K. Dot, it’s WWE Superstar, Bad Bunny.
While Bad Bunny has only had a pair of Grammy Awards to his name, he has tasted more success at the Latin Grammy Awards. As of February 2023, he has a total of nine awards:
- Best Urban Music Album (X 100 first)
- Best Reggaeton Performance (“Yo Perreo Sola”)
- Best Urban Music Album (El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo)
- Best Rap/Hip Hop Song (“Booker T”)
- Best Urban Music Album (“Un Verano Sin Ti”)
- Best Urban/Combined Performance (“Titi Me Preguntó”)
- Best Urban Song (“Titi Me Preguntó”)
- Best Reggaeton Performance (“Lo Siento BB :/” with Tainy & Julieta Venegas”)
- Best Rap/Hip Hop Song (“De Museo”)
This shows that while Bad Bunny may not get a lot of praise at one award ceremony, at another his stardom is undeniable. Will he leave the 2023 Grammys with more stuff? Fans will have to tune in on February 5 to find out.
Bad Bunny’s 2023 Grammy Nominee
- Album of the year: bad bunny Un Verano Sin Ti made history by being nominated for Album of the Year, becoming the first Spanish-language album to be nominated in that category – unprecedented. It could be the first spanish album win Album of the Year, If Bad Bunny Beats Adelie (30), Beyoncé (Renaissance), harry style (Harry’s House), Mary J. Blige (good morning beautiful), Brandi Carlile (In These Silent Days), Coldplay (Music of the sphere), Lizzo (Special), and Kendrick Lamar (Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers)
- Best Pop Solo Performance: Bad Bunny’s “Moscow Mule” is nominated for Best Pop Solo Performance, along with Adele’s “Easy on Me” Cat Doja“Woman” by Lizzo, “About Dam Time,” Steve Lacy“Bad Habit,” and “As It Was” by Harry Styles.
- Best Musica Urbana Album: Un Verano Sin Ti put Bad Bunny up against Daddy Yankee (LEGENDARY), Rauw Alejandro (Trap Cake, Vol. 2), Maluma (Love & Sex Tape), and Farruko (is 167) in the category of Best Musical Urbana Album.
Bad Bunny Wins 2 Grammy Awards
Best Latin Pop or Urban Album – YHLQMDLG (2021)
bunnies YHLQMDLG, one acronym for “Yo Hago Lo Que Me Da La Gana,” or “I Do Anything I Want,” won Best Pop or Urban Album. He won Debi Nova‘S 3:33, Ricky Martin‘S pause, Kany García‘S Mesa Para Dosand Camilo‘S By Primera Vez.
Best Música Urbana Album — El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo (2022)
bad bunny El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo took home the award for Best Música Urbana Album in 2022. The category was introduced in 2022, while Latin Pop was given a separate category for its own musicians.
Bunny wins J Balvin (Jose), Karol WOOD (KG0516), Rauw Alejandro (Afrodisiaco), and Kali Uchis (Sin Miedo (del Amor y Otros Demonios))
- Record of the Year (“I Like It” with Cardi B and J Balvin)
- Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album (X 100 first)
- Best Latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album (Oasiswith J Balvin)
- Best Latin Pop or Urban Album (YHLQMDLG)
- Best Pop Duo/Group Performance (“Un Día (One Day)” with Lipa melonJ Balvin and taiy)
- Best Musical Urbana Album (El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo)
- Album of the year (Un Verano Sin Ti)
- Best Musical Urbana Album (Un Verano Sin Ti)
- Best Pop Solo Performance (“Moscow Mule”)
Will he perform?
Correct. Bad Bunny is one of them first performer list announced for the 2023 Grammy Awards.
What’s next for Bad Bunny?
Bad Bunny is having a well-deserved long vacation. “The year 2023 is for me, so that I have physical health, mental health to breathe, enjoy my achievements,” he said. billboards in December 2022. “We’re going to celebrate. Let’s go here, let’s go there, let’s go in the boat. I have a few sporadic commitments and I’m going to the studio, but there’s no pressure. Remember yourself, Cabrón. You did a great job on your**.
So, fans better watch it on February 5th as one of the rare times Bunny will appear on stage this year.