30 women plan to make a statement against Texans for their alleged role In the sexual misconduct allegations against former team quarterback Deshaun Watson, settlements have been reached with the team, attorneys for all 30 women, Tony Buzbee, said in a statement today. Friday.
It was alleged sexual misconduct that occurred during massage sessions, with one of the women filing a civil lawsuit against the Texan last month. The lawsuit alleges the Texans “facilitated Watson’s conduct.” Her case is settled, Buzbee said. All terms of the settlement are confidential.
“We were shocked and deeply saddened when we first learned of the allegations against our subsequent franchise quartet in March 2021,” said Houston owner Janice McNair, Hannah and Cal McNair said Friday in a statement. “While our organization has no knowledge of Deshaun Watson’s alleged misconduct, we have deliberately chosen to address the matter amicably.
“This is not an admission of any wrongdoing, but rather a clear stance against any form of sexual assault and misconduct. We hope that today’s resolution will provide some form of closure for our stakeholders, our fans, and the Houston community at large. As an organization, we will now turn our focus to the future and do what we can to ensure respect for everyone.”
Watson was traded to the Cleveland Browns from Houston in March with the possibility of a suspension to delay his debut with his new team. The former Clemson midfielder has repeatedly claimed that he is innocent. Last month, Watson has settled 20 out of 24 lawsuits against him for allegedly engaging in sexual misconduct while in Houston. Most notably, Ashley Solis, the first Watson accuser to publicly identify herself, was not one of the 20 women addressed.
As of March 2021, up to 26 lawsuits alleging sexual assault and misconduct during massage sessions have been filed against Watson. A lawsuit was rejected by a accuser when a judge declared that her case needed to be amended in her name. Two large juries in Texas declined to pursue criminal charges against Watson earlier this year. Watson has maintained his chastity.
“I will make no further comment on the Texans’ allegations or alleged role, other than to say that there is a stark contrast in the way the Texans have handled these allegations and the way that Watson’s team did so,” Buzbee said in its statement on Friday.
During Watson’s inaugural press conference, the Browns said they had appreciated in advance trading a heavy line, includes three draft picks in the first round, for him. Friday’s announcement will not change the conversation about Watson’s actions and whether he should sue Cleveland until his suspension is in place and all lawsuits against him have been settled. trial or settlement. Watson still cannot solve this problem. It is too big.