Gervonta Davis mocks Ryan Garcia over contract: ‘He agrees to everything’
Gervonta Davis has shed some light on the negotiating time for his upcoming big clash with Ryan Garcia, and admitted ‘King Ry’ has accepted all the terms Davis’s side offered him.
The two young stars are expected to face off on April 22 in Las Vegas, in the most prominent fight of the year so far.
And ‘Tanks’ told reporters at press conference after the game to win against Hector Luis Garcia that his opponent in less than two months was able to start the war.
“Ryan is a childish clown. He shouldn’t talk, he should work.
He agreed to everything. We just go to this link [throwing hands out] and he just agreed to everything.
After one of the most intense periods of negotiations in recent memory, boxing fans around the world were relieved when Davis vs Garcia was officially announced last week.
Although Garcia has been running at 140lbs on his last few outings, he has agreed to drop the weight down to 136lbs to allow for the competition.
There are growing concerns that the war may not happen, after reports of a dispute over the promotional rights of a potential rematch between the pair.
This was resolved, however, when Showtime agreed to allow Garcia’s Golden Boy promoters to take the lead in the second game if Garcia scored a nasty win over Davis.
Davis’ case is also said to have hit a snag, with the Baltimore boxer pleading guilty to hit-and-run charges last month.
However, his sentencing won’t take place until May 5, making time for one of the most anticipated battles in America of the past few years.