Destiny 2: Lightfall’s Stragments unlocks today, a week earlier
Destiny 2: Lightfall’s new Strand subclass isn’t available until you’re done campaignbut even then, it’s not full available. That’s because you have to unlock Aspects and Fragments – a system first introduced with Stasis that allows you to customize how subclasses work – over time using Fiber Meditation. But even if you’ve honed enough to have tons of them, more than half of the available Shards will be locked until a future date. Or at least, that To be plan, as Bungie has now announced that they will be rolling out an update today that provides access to all Fragments.
Admit they’ve heard criticism about the Strand–which could change as more Fragments–Bungie announced a live update is coming out today, March 2nd, allowing you to unlock any Fragment. To be clear, you still need to earn meditation threads and actually unlock these Fragments, a process that will need to be repeated on each of your classes if you’re playing more than one character.
But the important thing is that you will have the option of taking any Fragment you want, rather than being limited to the first six. Prior to that, another four Fragments were set to unlock on March 7, with another four shards to unlock upon completion of the world first. Nightmare’s Root Raidwhich means that it will happen no earlier than March 10.
Here are eight new Fragments you can start using today:
- Theme of reincarnation – Strand weapon ultimates have a chance to spawn Threadling.
- Conversion theme – While you have Weaving Letters, the weapon’s final hits will create a Tangle (+10 power).
- Propaganda theme – Supported melee ultimatums grant your Strand weapon’s Enlightenment Rings.
- Evolution theme – Threadlings move further and deal extra damage (+10 intelligence).
- Isolated theme – Fast-landing precision hits emit an explosion that cuts off the target.
- binding theme – Final attacks emit a floating explosion from the target (+10 recovery ability).
- theme of the generation – Damage generates grenade energy (-10 discipline).
- Continuous topic – Suspension, unraveling and severing effects are applied to targets with increased duration (+10 power).
With so many new options to check out, you’ll want to get as much of the Meditation Thread as possible. Completing activities on Neomuna will reward them, as will simply using the Strand anywhere. Vex Incursion Zones (daily revolving zones on Neomuna) also increase the amount you earn. With Strand Medis in hand, you can head to Pouka Pond at the Hall of Heroes to unlock additional Shards.
For more, check out our Destiny 2: Lightfall and Season of Defiance Guide.
The products discussed here are independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything featured on our site.