Make best friends with your mother-in-law – The mother-in-law relationship can be very difficult, to say the least. You’re having a hard time trying to be friends with someone you really don’t like, but at the same time, you feel obligated to do so. Sounds like a no-win situation, doesn’t it? Wrong – there are ways to make this relationship work for you! Read on for tips on how to befriend your mom in law without being a pushover.
1. Understand what she wants
There is no way to be friends with your mother-in-law. What works for one person may not work for another. However, there are a few key things to keep in mind if you want to create a strong relationship with your MIL.
First, find out what she wants besides friendship. Is she looking for someone to share parenting advice with, listen to her problems, or just hang out? If you can figure out what she wants, you can tailor your interactions to meet those needs.
Second, keep in mind that your MIL can be quite busy. Most likely, she has her own life and hobbies outside of her relationship with her daughter-in-law. Respect her independence and don’t expect her to spend every weekend at your house or to talk about every problem. Let her have the space and time to be with her daughter-in-law without feeling like you’re intrusive.
Finally, respect each other’s families. Don’t try to interfere in their conversation or interfere with their business. No matter how close you become, always maintain boundaries between families.
2. Make time for her
Anyone who has been married for more than a few years knows that when it comes to marriage, time is precious.
One of the great joys of being a mother is watching your children grow up and love life. As they get older, they may start to drift away from you, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t be best friends with your mother-in-law. Here are some tips on how to spend time with her:
1. Set aside at least one evening each week to spend time with her. This can be dinner out or just sitting around talking about life.
2. Listen without interruption. If she is telling you about something that happened during her day, let her talk uninterrupted. Don’t rush in with your own thoughts right away.
3. Don’t take everything she says seriously. Just because she’s your mother-in-law doesn’t mean she knows everything about parenting or marriage. Let her know when she says something that catches your eye and allow her to keep talking.
4. Be patient with her and give her the courtesy you want
3. Listen to her
One of the best ways to be friends with your mother-in-law is to listen to her. When your mother-in-law has something important to say, she will likely stop and take a breath before speaking. Do not interrupt her; Let her talk until she’s finished. And don’t take everything she says personally. Sometimes, a mother-in-law just needs to voice her feelings and opinions.
Another way to show your appreciation for your mother-in-law is to do things together. Go for a walk together or visit a museum or park. Cooking meals together is also a great way to bond with your mother-in-law. Offer to help prepare meals or make some snacks and bring them with you. Showing that you value her time and effort will make her feel appreciated and loved.
4. Enjoy the moment
When it comes to mother rules, we all have our own unique relationship with them. But there are some universal truths that will make you the best friend your mom ever had.
1. Listen and take everything she says seriously. Even if you disagree with her, always try to pay attention and listen to what she has to say. This will help you get to know her better and build a closer relationship.
2. Be respectful of her opinion. Just because your mom is older doesn’t mean she’s automatically right about everything. Respect her opinion and don’t argue with her about things she knows nothing about. Doing so will only push her away from you and make your relationship even more difficult.
3. Spend time together. No matter how busy your schedule is, make time for each other and be together as often as you can. This will help build a stronger relationship between the two of you.
5. Give up your agenda
When you first meet your mother-in-law, you may be worried about how to be best friends with her. After all, she is a very independent person and has a life of her own. However, it’s important to remember that your mother-in-law is also the one looking for a friend. Here are some tips on how to be best friends with your mother-in-law:
1. Take care of her independence. Don’t try to control or micromanage her life. Let her live her life the way she wants.
2. Respect her opinion. Don’t argue with her about everything. Just listen and let her have her say.
3. Be respectful of her family and hers. Don’t talk about them behind their back or criticize them without any facts or evidence to back up your claims.
4. Spend time together as a family unit. This will help build a stronger bond between you and your mother-in-law.
6. Respect her right to privacy
When it comes to your mother-in-law, you want to make sure you respect their privacy. This means respecting their time and not harassing them for favors. Here are some tips for being best friends with your mother-in-law:
1. Make sure you consult her before making any important decisions. She may have a different opinion than you and may have more experience in the matter. This will help build trust between the two of you.
2. Don’t try to control or micromanage her life. Let her know that you care about her and want to support her, but don’t push your boundaries.
3. Be genuine when you interact with her. Don’t act out or try to be someone she’s not familiar with. Be yourself and let her know that she means a lot to you.
4. Try to get to know her family members more. The more time you spend with them, the better relationships you will develop and the more she will respect you.
7. Be patient
There is no single best answer to this question, as the best way to be friends with your mother-in-law will vary depending on your relationship with her, your mother’s relationship with her and your own personality. However, some tips on how to be best friends with your mother-in-law include being patient and understanding her unique parenting style.
Also, try not to take things personally when disagreements arise between you and your mother. Remember that she is just trying to do what she thinks is best for her children and grandchildren. And finally, spend time together. It can be hard to balance everything we’re going through, but making the effort to spend time with your mother-in-law can help you build a strong friendship.
8. Make her feel special
Making your mother-in-law feel special can be a daunting task. However, there are some things you can do to make her feel special. First, make sure you listen to her. Don’t try to always be in control. Allow her to have her own voice and share her thoughts and feelings.
Second, make sure you don’t take everything she says seriously. You know your mother-in-law better than anyone, so be funny with her when appropriate.
Third, you can be best friends with your mother-in-law by knowing what she likes and finding ways to incorporate the activities she enjoys into your home life. For example, if your mother-in-law loves to cook, make sure to include her in cooking activities. Or, if she enjoys spending time with her grandchildren, let her take her toys out with her. Doing something special for your mom will make her feel appreciated and loved.
Finally, show your appreciation for all she does for you and your family. Thank her often and let her know you appreciate everything she does. More health tips Here