BAFTA Game Awards Agree: Vampire Survivors is the best game of 2022
The BAFTA Games Awards were held last night – an annual show where a jury of developers throws head-heavy statues into the crowd, honoring the best games of any game. what year. BAFTAs 2023 celebrated the best of 2022 with a mix of games, awarding major blockbusters alongside popular indie films, but the jury agreed with RPS on one hand: Vampire Survivors is the best game of 2022. Good BAFTAs.
Here is the full list of winners:
- Best games: Vampire Survivor
- British games: roller coaster
- First game: Ao Dai
- Family: Kirby and the Forgotten Land
- Multiplayer: Elen’s ring
- Evolution game: Final Fantasy 14 online
- Cartoon: God of War: Ragnarok
- Artistic Achievements: Ao Dai
- Audio achievements: God of War: Ragnarok
- Non-entertainment games: Endling – Extinction Is Forever
- Game design: Vampire Survivor
- Music: God of War: Ragnarok
- Story telling: immortal
- Original property: Elen’s ring
- Main performer: Christopher Judge (Papa Kratos in GOWR)
- Supporting actors: Laya Deleon Hayes (Angrboda in GOWR)
- Technical achievements: Horizon: Forbidden West
- EE Game of the Year: God of War: Ragnarok
Vampire Survivor is really very good. Most readers are probably already mesmerized by its bullet-voicing anarchy, and if not, what are you waiting for? Other RPS favorites have also cut back. Tunic’s two awards are well-deserved, although I think its music is even more splendid than its artistic style. Seriously, Tunic hides a the entire language in its UI sound and musical notes – Tuneic. Great to see the stylish skate shooter roller coaster and fan favorite MMO The Last Fantasy 14 Win some gold.
Talk about steam award, Graham speculates that the publicly voted award shows that games are popular with large marketing budgets. That may be true because the fan-voted EE GOTY award went to Dad Of War 2, while the jury-voted award went to Vampire Survivors. God Of War has plenty of other wins, though, so it’s possible the expensive marketing will affect everyone.
Despite that, the BAFTAs are a little more interesting than some of the other award shows, but RPS Treehouse still collectively frowned at Pentiment’s failure to win. Like, the dry sound of pen scratch on paper? Audio achievements, hellooo.
You can check out the full list of winners and nominees on BAFTA website.